- Proven track record of applying skills and knowledge within role.
- Proven track record of quality delivery.
- Ideally 5+ years Java development experience
- Degree level education or
- Equivalent education and experience in a technical role.
- Excellent knowledge of the Java programming language (particularly Java 5) and core APIs.
- Excellent knowledge of web-tier enterprise Java technologies such as Servlets/JSP/JSF.
- Knowledge of additional Java technologies such Seam, Woodstock, Wicket
- Excellent knowledge of the enterprise Java technologies such as EJB2.1, EJB3, JMS, JDBC, JPQL, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of database layouts, design and SQL.
- Strong knowledge of design methodologies (including UML usage), software development processes, design patterns, IDEs (e.g. Eclipse).
- Strong knowledge of at least one application server and one web server. (At time of writing this is JBoss and Apache).
- Strong knowledge of at least two operating systems. (CentOS, Windows).
- Write software that adheres to the organisational standards.
- Application and technical designs consistent with the organisational architecture.
- Perform testing on the developed software and to quality assure otherís work.
- Work with business analysts and the end user community to determine requirements and to address changes.
- To deliver components of project work on time and to budget.
- Maintenance and support of production applications.
- Report regularly on workload status
- Deliver high quality outputs in line with CYOs
Key Performance Indicators
- Functions developed vs. specification documents provided.
- Number of fixes that need to be released after deployment.
- Delivery of functions on time and to budget.
- Management of deliveries through external parties and contract staff.
These contracts have potential to be for the longer-term. If you are interested in applying for this position please email an up-to-date resumee of your consultancy's experience and ability to fill the postion(s) to Shout99 on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be forwarded to Philip Ross of Alpheus in relation to this contract. They will not be used in any marketing capacity or passed to any other party.
AlpheusAlpheus is a business consultancy with particular expertise in mobile telecommunications and financial services.
It has a number of consultants working for major clients in the UK and Europe.