What to look out for in a policy
- Ensure the scheme covers work direct with clients and agency based contracts
- Ensure that retroactive cover is offered, thus protecting any work or decisions you have made in the recent past
- Check the 'excesses' - some can be very high
- Ensure it covers 'sub contracted work'
- Make sure all Directors, Officers and Employees of the Company are covered
- Check to see if the insurer includes 'Legal Expenses' to cover your company against disputes with IR, HMC and your Agents/Clients
- Ensure the cover includes business asset and disruption cover as well