Ann Swain, head of ATSCo, the agents' trade association, is one of the speakers at the Contractor's Forum on June 27. She will give a presentation on 'Customer Care of Contractors' and is asking contractors, via Shout99, what you want from an agency.
There are often comments on here about the service - or lack of it - that contractors feel they receive from their agents. So here is an opportunity to put your message in directly.
Contractors have a wide choice of agencies to use - and without contractors, their customers, they wouldn't have a business. So is the level of care you receive up to the standards you demand? For example, as a minimum standard you should be able to expect:
- A fair rate for the work
- Prompt payment
- Well drafted contracts (i.e. outside IR35 where appropriate).
- Streamlined electronic processes
- Easy access to the consultant
- A basic understanding of the technology/work environment
- Assistance with CV and interview tips
Would you be swayed towards one agency rather than another if they provided:
- Continuity of relationship
- Information regarding taxation and contractual issues
- Face to face meetings/surgeries
- Social/networking events
- Free/subsidised training
- Dedicated contractor care team
(See 'Current Poll' at left hand side of this article)
You can post your views on what you want - and expect - from agents by using the 'Reply' button below. Shout99 will feed the comments into ATSCo who will in turn raise them at the Contractor's Forum. Shout99 will report back on the presentation given at the conference.
If you wish to comment on this article, please log in and use the Reply button below. Registering is simple and easy to do online - see 'Join Shout99'.