The current economic climate and exchange rates make UK contractors a ‘skills bargain’ for employers in many overseas countries. Brookson has seen this trend developing clearly in its customer base. The company is receiving a steady stream of enquiries from existing and new customers seeking advice on how to take advantage of this export opportunity. Brookson’s new ‘Overseas Working Service’ offers a one-stop-shop for accountancy and support services to contractors working outside the UK.
As part of its new service, Brookson offers the best available advice to contractors ensuring they have considered their tax implications before taking on a new contract abroad. This includes advice on continuing compliance with UK tax rules as well as tax requirements in the country where the contractor is working. In addition, Brookson can provide access to advice on many non-tax related issues such as visas, work permits and social security.
Brookson’s new ‘Overseas Working Service’ includes:
- Peace of mind to ensure compliant working in the UK and overseas
- Full overseas working solution including advice on overseas tax and social security and filing of overseas tax returns if required
- UK personal tax return service - incorporating residency pages and overseas income/tax paid (details can be provided to Brookson directly from its overseas partner)
- Assistance in notifying Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs of departure from and return to UK
- Continuity – joined up service provided by Brookson and overseas partner when leaving and returning to the UK
- Opportunity to discuss tax planning opportunities surrounding the move from UK working
- Access to tax and accounts specialists and financial advisors
Martin Hesketh, managing director of Brookson, said: “In respect of our ever changing customers’ needs, Brookson has tailored an overseas working service that will deal with all UK tax and accountancy needs during any time spent working abroad and upon return.
“We can offer guidance to highlight the risks and ensure customers are working compliantly. Through our carefully selected business partners we can also refer customers to specialist advisors and extend our guidance to provide a complete business solution for those working overseas.”
Brookson advises all contractors to seek professional advice when considering opportunities outside the UK so they are fully informed about tax and all related issues that could potentially lead to hidden costs associated with such a move.
For more information on the new Brookson Overseas Working Service, please call
0845 688 0681 or visit: www.brookson.co.uk
Susie Hughes © Shout99 2010