The Forum, run by freelancer and regular Shout99 contributor, Philip Ross, will be hosting a fringe meeting on Tuesday, October 2 with a range of speakers from the small business world and the Shadow Minister, Toby Perkins.
Philip Ross, founder of the Forum, said: "There is a line up some of the best small business thinkers in the country and it certainly looks set to be the premium small business event at the conference. It is all set to be both an exciting and informative fringe that will help Labour deliver on its pledge to be the party both of and for small business."
Toby Perkins, who ran his own business before entering Parliament, will answer issues from the other panellists and expound on Labour’s policies and vision. Other presentations will be given by:
- John Walker Chairman of the Federation of Small Businesses - the issues facing his members particularly in areas such as finance and loans.
- Dr Jo Twist from the UKIE (the Games Industry’s Trade Association) - about crowdfunding (peer to peer funding) and the discussions she has had and how it works and what a future Labour Government can do to help.
- Richard Little from the PPMA - innovation and creativity and how Britain needs to build on its creative strengths and how a future Labour Government should reform patents law and celebrate invention.
- Emily Thomas a former DTi and Treasury advisor and now director of her own company will detail the issues surrounding past and future changes.
- Chairing the meeting, Philip Ross will also push the case for reform to support freelancing and the knowledge based economy.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday October 2, 2012 in the city centre at Manchester Central, Exchange Room 10 from 6pm - 7pm.
(Editor's update: Please note the meeting is inside the conference area so a conference pass will be required to enter).
For more information, contact Philip on email@example.com or post a 'reply' to this article on Shout99.
If you wish to comment on this article, please log in and use the Reply button below. Registering is free and easy - see 'Join Shout99'.
Susie Hughes © Shout99 2012