In the meantime, here's some Christmas-themed quizzes.....
(Answers on link below in 'Replies')
1. Name Santa's original eight reindeer from the 1823 poem which begins...'Twas the night Before Christmas'.
2. In Charles Dickens' novel A Christmas Carol, who was Scrooge's dead business partner?
3. London's Trafalgar Square Christmas tree is traditionally a gift from which country?
4. How many items were given during the 12 days of Christmas song?
5. What is the name of the guardian angel in 'It's a Wonderful Life'?
6. Who sang the first line of "Do They Know It's Christmas" for Band Aid single on the 1984 version; on the 1989 version, on the 2004 version; and on the 2014 version....and at the Live Aid concert in 1985.
7. When is the feast of St Stephen?
8. Traditionally, what names are given to the three wise men?
9. Smith's bon-bons invented by Tom Smith in 1840s are now known as what?
10. Who is credited as the author of Auld Lang Syne?
11. Who is credited with the children's classic Christmas story 'The Snowman'?
12. In panto who is Princess Marcella?
13. The song White Christmas comes from which 1942 film?
14. Which Christmas plant has the Latin name 'Viscum Album'?
15. What zodiac sign covers Christmas Day?
16. What does the Fairy Godmother use to create the horses in Cinderella?
17. What is the name of the family's pet greyhound in The Simpsons cartoon?
18. Which former Egyptian president was born on Christmas day 1918?
19. Who is reported to have said: “I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph"?
20. Which Christmas Carol has the line 'Bearing gifts we traverse afar'?
If you wish to comment on this article, please log in and use the Reply button below. Registering is free and easy - see 'Join Shout99'.
Susie Hughes © Shout99 2014