Experience and Expertise
- 5+ years experience in this area
- Strong analytical ability and exemplary verbal and written communication: a key skill for the role is the ability to communicate complex concepts and information to an international audience paired with a sense of how that message is likely to be received based on culture, language and values.
- Significant experience in enterprise architecture and design including major OSS and/or Network related systems; proven track record producing relevant interface specifications and detailed designs.
- Significant experience of deploying large scale applications using J2EE, web services and mobile technologies (http, SOAP/XML, REST/JSON…)
- Formal modelling knowledge, preferably UML and how the notation is applicable to the software development process
- Ability to drive business requirements to implementation detail
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience distributed or local applications using mobile handset operating environments and browser technologies.
Design and Analysis
- Analyse and Design new and existing systems.
- Produce system/functional specifications that define the requirements and describe the high level design.
- Comply with business requirements.
- Ensure system/functional specifications gain appropriate approval.
- Ensure systems meet customer requirements and are developed on time and within budget.
- Design and architecture responsibility for specific system systems and/or components.
- Determine the technical feasibility of proposed changes.
- Responsibility to produce functional specifications for internal and external/public interfaces.
- Technically lead all development and technical implementation teams as the high level design authority and systems architect.
- Understand and support the systems development process.
- Ensure that all system/functional specifications are agreed with the development team.
- Respond promptly to any high level design issues that arise during detailed design, development or testing.
- Contribute to the planning process by providing relevant effort estimates.
- Be aware of the impact of your activities on the overall development life cycle.
- Maintain awareness of current technology appropriate to design and analysis, mobile portals, internet and mobile telephony. Apply this knowledge to analysis and design where appropriate.
Systems Integration and Testing
- Understand and support the systems integration and release process
£500 a day
This is a truly exciting role with potential for long term contract. If you are interested in applying for this position please email an up-to-date resumee of your consultancy's experience to Shout99 on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be forwarded to Philip Ross of Alpheus in relation to this contract. They will not be used in any marketing capacity or passed to any other party.
AlpheusAlpheus is a business consultancy with particular expertise in mobile telecommunications and financial services.
It has a number of consultants working for major clients in the UK and Europe.